Tenant and Resident Associations (TRA)

You can make a difference to your community by joining your local Tenant and Resident Association (TRA). You can join a TRA regardless of what type of home you live in.

For guidance on how to set up a TRA, see here (pdf, 181kb).

As a TRA member, you can help represent your community and improve your area. You can attend meetings, share ideas with us and hold community social events.

We support TRAs both in funding and advice. If you’re a TRA member and need our help with any activity, contact one of our Tenant and Homeowner Involvement Officers (below).

Tenant and Homeowner Involvement Officer



Rubeena Amanullah

East and West Walworth


020 7525 1257

Bukky Jackson   

East and West Camberwell


020 7525 4747

Chuks Amaechi

Borough & Bankside, Rotherhithe


020 7525 3914

George Coombes

East and West Bermondsey


020 7525 3603

Carla Bates

Aylesbury Estate and Dulwich


020 7525 1139

Louis Rotsos

Nunhead & Peckham


020 7525 1239

Area housing forum

Each TRA can elect a representative to the local Area Housing Forum, which are advisory groups on housing-related community issues. We consult the forums on a wide range of issues before the council executive makes a decision. The views of the local area housing forums can also be fed through to the tenant council.

Southwark group of tenants organisations (SGTO)

If you're a member of your local TRA, you can join the Southwark Group of Tenants Organisation (SGTO) to help improve the quality of housing in Southwark.

Page last updated: 31 May 2019