Service charge loans
If you can't pay your Southwark Council major works bill(s), you can apply below for a service charge loan to cover the cost of the major works. Service charge loans cannot be given for your annual service charge bills.
Problems making your loan payments
If you have problems paying your service charge loan then please contact us:
About the loans
- the loan is a mortgage on the property
- it will be repaid over a prearranged time period
- interest will be charged on the loan - the interest rate will depend on the type of loan you have
- there'll be an application fee which you might have to pay upfront or you may have the choice to add it to your loan
- there'll be a redemption fee which you must pay before we close your loan
When we get your enquiry, we’ll send you information about our lending and loans. Once you decide for how long, and for how much you’d like to borrow, we’ll send you some illustrations of what your loan will look like. You'll then be able to formally apply for a loan.
If the Mortgage Team have asked you to send them documents, please use the below form to upload them.
Paying a service charge loan
The easiest way to pay your service charge loan is by standing order.
You can pay by bank transfer using these details:
- Bank: NatWest
- For the credit of: London Borough of Southwark
- Sort code: 51-50-03
- Account no: 27540006
- Reference: ‘Your Loan Account number’ (starts with a V,D or R) followed by “Fund 2” e.g. D0001 Fund 2
You should allow at least three working days for a payment to reach your account.
You can also make a payment using the link below.
Get a loan statement, redemption statement or balance
You can request a loan statement, a redemption balance (how much is needed to pay off your loan including fees and interest) or find out the current balance.
If you have paid off your service charge loan, but paid too much, please use this form to ask for a refund.
Service charge loan postponements
The postponement of our charge is at our discretion. We look at each request on a case-by-case basis. However, as a guide, we will only consent under certain circumstances.
Read more about postponing our charge
Remortgaging and further advances with external providers
If you or your client are applying for a remortgage, further advance, or a new mortgage with an external lender, then the mortgage provider may need information from us.
This information is provided by our Assignments Team and not the Mortgage Team.
Any other enquiries about your loan
Page last updated: 27 September 2023