Private rented property licensing

Licensing Register

You can search our licensing register to check if a property has a licence.

Licenses and Temporary Exemption Notices issued after 1 March 2022 can be found here:

View Licensing register (external website)

Contact us if you would like a copy of the licensing register for licences issued before 1 March 2022.

Reporting unlicensed properties

If you know or suspect a property in Southwark that is licensable but does not have a licence, report it to us online.

Report an unlicensed property

Rent repayment orders

If you are a tenant of an unlicensed property you may be able to apply for a Rent Repayment Order which forces a landlord to refund up to 12 months rent.

For more information and advice click here Get 12 Months Rent With A Rent Repayment Order (RRO)! | Justice for Tenants (external website)

Page last updated: 30 March 2022

Privacy settings