Global IT issues affecting online systems

We are currently impacted by the global IT issues. As a result, a number of our online systems are affected. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Private rented property licensing

Public register

You can search our licensing register to check if a property has a licence.

Search public register

Report an unlicensed property

If you know or suspect a property in Southwark that is licensable but does not have a licence, report it to us online.

Report an unlicensed property

Take action if you've lived in an unlicensed property

If you're a tenant of an unlicensed property or have lived in an unlicensed property within the last 12 months, you may be able to apply for a Rent Repayment Order. A Rent Repayment Order allows you to recover up to 12 months of your rent back from your landlord. 

Southwark Council works closely with Justice for Tenants, a trusted not-for-profit tenant's rights organisation with a dedicated team of Rent Repayment Order experts ready to assist and advise tenants in Southwark.

Contact the team by emailing Emails sent to this address are usually responded to within 1 working day. Justice for Tenants will support you with your Rent Repayment Order Application, and if you wish, can carry out all aspects of the Rent Repayment Order for you. Justice for Tenants has over 98% success rate in Rent Repayment Order Proceedings. 

Contact Justice for tenants

Page last updated: 15 July 2024


Privacy settings