Private rented property licensing

Selective Licensing

Does my property need a selective licence?

You will need to apply for a licence under the new selective licensing scheme from 1 March 2022 if you let your property privately, it is not an HMO, and it is in one of the following wards:

  • Newington
  • Champion Hill
  • Faraday
  • St. Giles
  • Goose Green

Type your address into the search bar in the map below to find out if your property is in the selective licensing area. A marker will appear on the map to show you where your property is. The selective licensing areas are coloured either in yellow or orange on the map. If your property marker is in one of these areas then you will need to apply for a licence. If your property is in one of the yellow areas it is in designation 1. If it is in one of the orange areas it is in designation 2. The difference between the two designations is the conditions that will appear on your licence.

You can zoom in on the map to see the boundary of your property, or zoom out to view the complete selective licensing area by clicking the + and – buttons on the map.


Page last updated: 27 February 2023

Privacy settings