Help with empty properties

Empty homes grants and loans

You could receive a grant of up to £10,000 per unit to help with refurbishments or conversion, in return for letting the property through a council run scheme, or a loan of up to £8,000 per unit to let privately.

You could receive up to £15,000 in a fixed fee loan for owners wishing to reoccupy their empty homes.

Housing association works and lease packages

You could take the hassle out of the refurbishment process by letting a housing association do the work and renting the property instead.

Private sector leasing scheme

This scheme offers guaranteed rents, free management and internal repairs for ready to let properties.

Rent deposit schemes

We provide the owner or landlord with a guarantee instead of the tenant having to find a deposit.

General and technical advice

We will provide advice on how to bring your home back into use and on the building or refurbishment process.

Letting the property yourself

We can provide advice on finding tenants, lettings and becoming a landlord.

Letting to students

We provide information and registration forms for the accommodation services of the London Institute and the University of London.

Selling the property on

You could sell your property to individuals or companies that have the money to renovate and bring it back into use.

Page last updated: 05 October 2017