MySouthwark Homeowners Agency Independent Board
As part of Southwark Council’s commitment to the independence of the MySouthwark Homeowners Agency an independent Board was established in 2017 to examine the performance of Southwark Council's housing related services for homeowners and to identify opportunities to improve service delivery to homeowners.
The aims of the board are to:
- monitor and scrutinise the performance of those housing related functions that impact on Southwark homeowners
- improve homeowner satisfaction through greater transparency of processes and procedures
- provide confidence that Southwark homeowner issues are properly addressed by the council and resolved in a fair and transparent way
- provide challenge on behalf of homeowners to ensure service charges are fair and reasonable and that homeowners have been properly consulted in relation to the quality of service they receive, nature of works and costs
- represent the voice of local homeowners to Southwark Council and work with others, but equally maintain independence on shared agendas
To achieve these aims, the board recognises that it needs to support both local homeowners and advise Southwark Council.
The Board is made up of nine members; the Chairperson, three independent professionals and five Southwark Homeowners. They meet at Tooley Street eight times a year with an Annual Review Meeting counting as one of these meetings.
Page last updated: 02 November 2018