Homeowner Council

How to join Homeowner Council

You must first become a committee member for your local Tenants and Residents Association (TRA) if there's one in your estate. To find out whether there's one and how to join the committee (or to set one up if there isn’t), contact resident.involvement@southwark.gov.uk.

Once you're in your local TRA committee, you must be elected as representative to your local Area Housing Forum (AHF).

You then must be elected by your local AHF to become a Homeowner Council representative (each AHF elects two representatives and two deputies).

If you're a council freeholder, a non resident leaseholder or a council leaseholder in a street property, elections are held every three years but you might be able to be co-opted in between.

We're constantly looking for new leaseholders with enthusiasm and commitment, so if you'd like to join the Homeowner Council, email resident.involvement@southwark.gov.uk. We look forward to hearing from you.

Page last updated: 14 October 2019