Improvements to our website

We have made changes to our website to improve the way it looks and to give residents a better experience. You can find out more about this update here. 

Gas servicing

If you have an individual boiler in your property it’s vital that it’s regularly serviced. This is a legal requirement if you rent out your property. As an owner of an ex-Southwark council property you can use our contractors to do a gas safety service of your boiler.

What we offer

  • a safety check and service of your gas boiler to the manufacturer’s specification
  • an inspection of any other gas fires or heaters
  • a visual inspection of all other gas appliances
  • a Gas Safe certificate will be issued when the service has been done

Apply for gas & boiler servicing

The price

  • £117.67 including a £42.00 admin fee

Full terms and conditions

Gas servicing for home owners - annual service only

The service includes:

  • a survey of the property’s gas boiler and all other gas ‘space heaters’ undertaken by competent personnel
  • gas servicing of the property’s gas boiler and all other gas ‘space heaters’. This service will be carried out to the manufacturer’s instructions.
  • upon completion of the service, the contractor will issue the resident with a ‘Gas Safety Record’. This record will list all the gas appliances contained within the property. However, only the boiler and all other gas ‘space heaters’ will be serviced. Other listed appliances will receive a visual check only, for example gas cookers.

If the contractor decides that work is required to return the boiler to a serviceable condition, and if they are able to carry out the works, the homeowner will be supplied with a copy of the survey’s findings detailing all the works required together with a breakdown of costs. The cost of any remedial works will be in addition to the servicing fee.

You don't have to use our contractors to do any remedial works. However, they won't be able to issue you with a gas safety certificate if you choose to use a different contractor. If you then require our contractor to issue you with a gas safety certificate once the remedial works have been done then you will have to reapply for the service.

During this visit the contractor will service the appliance(s) covered by your agreement and supply you with a ‘Gas Safety Record’ (also known as a “Landlords Gas Safety Certificate).

Agreement exclusions

This agreement provides for one service carried out to the manufacturer’s instructions for the central heating boiler and all other gas ‘space heaters’ located within the property. It does not cover:

  • servicing to other gas appliances such as cookers and tumble dryers
  • the cost of labour and parts for breakdowns, repairs, maintenance etc
  • replacing your boiler or any other gas space heater
  • the cost of bringing the heating installation in line with current standards and regulations, such as Building Regulation Part L1, should circumstances arise which would require such action

General exclusions

Design or existing faults

The cost of repairs needed because of design faults (unless the contractor is responsible), or faults which existed before you entered into the agreement and which could not be identified during the service using reasonable care and skill.

Third-party or accidental damage

The cost of repairs relating to damage caused by you or someone else.

Consequential loss

Unless the contractor is responsible for it, loss or damage to property caused by the appliance, boiler or system breaking down (eg damage to furniture caused by water leaks).

If the contractor has to dig on your property they will fill in any holes and leave the surface level but we will not necessarily replace the original surface or construction. Any redecoration that may be needed following the contractors work is your responsibility unless the contractor has been negligent.

Normal insured risks

The cost of repairing faults or damage caused by freezing weather, subsidence, structural repairs, accident, fire, lightning, explosion, flood or storm. The cost of repairing damage caused by changes to, or problems with, the gas, electricity or water services. You should check your household insurance to make sure you have enough cover for these risks.

Further items as follows:

  • replacing appliances, bathroom fixtures, showers and sanitary ware
  • replacing or repairing decorative or other parts which do not affect how the system or appliance works
  • resetting controls (for example, thermostats and programmers following wintertime or summertime changes)
  • repairing faults or clearing physical blockages (blockages such as rubble, sludge and scale, but not air locks) if the contractor has told you permanent repairs or improvements are needed to make sure your appliance or system works properly. The contractor will only tell you this if, in their opinion, it is necessary
  • removing asbestos associated with repairing the appliance or system. When you have had any asbestos removed, you must provide the contractor with a clean-air certificate before they will do any further work at your property. By law, the person who removes the asbestos must give you a clean-air certificate
  • cash alternatives for repair or maintenance
  • repairing any damage caused by the contractors work or redecorating, unless they or their agents have been negligent or broken this agreement
  • repairing or replacing any lead pipes

Page last updated: 29 March 2023


Privacy settings