Southwark is a densely populated and diverse inner London borough situated on the south bank of the River Thames, with Lambeth to the west and Lewisham to the east. Home to over 314,000 people, Southwark is a patchwork of communities: from leafy Dulwich, to bustling Peckham and Camberwell, and the rapidly changing Rotherhithe peninsula.
It's important to understand the nature of our population as this has important implications for health and wellbeing, and the delivery of local services. Southwark Public Health together with key partners and stakeholders have produced a number of documents illustrating our changing population. Please note that this list will be updated as and when the new information becomes available.
Southwark JSNA reports
- JSNA Annual Report 2022 (pdf, 5.2mb)
- Southwark Interactive Ward Profiles
- Multi-Ward Profiles 2019 - North West Southwark (pdf, 1.6mb)
- Multi-Ward Profiles 2019 - North East Southwark (pdf, 1.6mb)
- Multi-Ward Profiles 2019 - West Central Southwark (pdf, 1.6mb)
- Multi-Ward Profiles 2019 - East Central Southwark (pdf, 1.6mb)
- Multi-Ward Profiles 2019 - South Southwark (pdf, 1.6mb)
- JSNA Factsheet 2019-20 Indices of Deprivation (pdf, 6.8mb)
- JSNA Factsheet 2019-20 Life Expectancy (pdf, 650kb)
- JSNA Factsheet 2018-19 Demography (pdf, 765kb)
- JSNA Factsheet 2017-18 Protected Characteristics (pdf, 1.1mb)
Page last updated: 12 August 2022