If you're a local employer, you can sign up to the Mayor of London’s Healthy Workplace Charter. Our Public Health team offers advice and support to help all local businesses tackle workplace health problems, and to improve the health of employees and their working environments.
We can offer support and help you achieve your ambitions whether you:
- aren't sure where to start
- are already doing some work, but would like to make it more focused and effective
The case for a healthy workplace
The business benefits of improving workplace health are well-known. Comprehensive workplace health programmes can result in fewer accidents, improved productivity and increased workforce engagement.
Did you know
- physically active workers take 27% fewer sick days than their non-physically active counterparts
- happier workers are 12% more productive than average, with unhappy workers 10% less productive
We can help you
Whether you’re a small business, a large corporation or public sector organisation, the Charter can help you:
- address recruitment and staff retention, sickness absence and employee productivity
- make positive changes in workplace environments and attitudes
- gain a reputation as a leading London employer, devoted to their staff
To find out more about how we can help you, email us.
- London Healthy Workplace Charter - information about how the Charter works and a list of success stories
- Fit for Work Service - line of occupational health support for GPs, employers and employees to help those who are working or off sick
- British Heart Foundation - offer a Health at Work programme to inspire and support health and well-being in your workplace
Page last updated: 10 June 2018