Fizz Free February
Five facts about sugar and fizzy drinks
On this page you can read five facts about sugar and fizzy drinks.
- According to Coca-Cola’s website, a can of Coca-Cola contains 35g of sugar. A can a Pepsi contains 36g of sugar. That’s about seven teaspoons of sugar.
- If a child, aged between 7 and 10, consumes 36g of sugar in a day, they are consuming 150% of their recommended daily sugar intake.
- Every day in the UK there are about 180 operations to remove children’s teeth due to tooth decay.
- By the age of 10 children have consumed, on average, 18 years’ worth of sugar.
- If you stopped drinking one bottle of soft drink per day, for a year, you could save about £438.
Page last updated: 12 December 2019