Five ways to wellbeing
Our well-being (how happy and healthy we feel) is shaped by positive experiences and relationships, having control over our lives and having a sense of purpose.
Evidence suggests there are five things we can do to improve our well-being:
- Connect: with people around you
- Be active: discover a physical activity you enjoy and suits you
- Take notice: be aware of the world around you and what you're feeling
- Keeping learning: learning new things will make you more confident and it's fun
- Give: seeing yourself and your happiness linked to the wider community can be incredibly rewarding
If you give these five ways to well being a try, you may feel happier, more positive and able to get the most from life.
The mental health charity Mind has some great ideas on how you can get started.
What can I do locally
There are lots of activities available locally to help you on your way to well-being:
- Connect in Southwark
- Get active in Southwark
- Take notice in Southwark
- Learn in Southwark
- Give in Southwark
Page last updated: 05 July 2017