Exercise Referral scheme
Being more active can help prevent and manage a wide range of long-term health conditions, including:
- depression and anxiety
- diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity, which can lead to heart disease
- dementia and re-occurrence of some cancers
If you're not very active and at risk of developing some of these medical conditions, your local GP might refer you to our Exercise Referral scheme. This free 12-week scheme is designed to provide you with a range of physical activity options to help you become and stay active.
There are three levels of support available:
- Kickstart - offers flexibility for those who can exercise safely on their own or in groups
- Active Boost - a traditional exercise referral programme giving more specialist supervision during a timetabled programme
- Cardiactive - provides group exercise for patients recovering from a cardiac event
To help you stay active after the 12-week scheme, you'll be entitled to a discounted membership at all local leisure centres.
For further information about this scheme, contact the Exercise Referral Team on 020 7708 6218.
Page last updated: 05 April 2017