Annual Public Health report
Each year the Director of Public Health is required to publish an independent report on the health of the local population. This is an opportunity to provide an update on progress to improve the health and wellbeing of people in Southwark, in addition to identifying emerging health issues and areas for improvement.
Our Annual Public Health report forms part of the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) process in Southwark and provides decision makers with priorities and recommendations for local action.
The 2022 APHR focuses on partnership working to support residents during COVID-19 in Southwark. It includes a main report, and the JSNA Annual report (PDF, 5.2mb) provides statistical information on the local population. The report discusses examples of partnership working to support delivery of the Outbreak Prevention and Control Plan and to help manage the wider impacts of the pandemic on food security, education and older adults. It concludes with five recommendations from the Director of Public Health.
- Southwark APHR (2016) (PDF, 1.1mb)
- Southwark APHR - Statistics bulletin (2016) (PDF, 6.3mb)
- Southwark APHR - Healthy People in Healthy Places (2017) (PDF, 4.1mb)
- Southwark APHR - Accompanying slides (2017) (pptx, 10.5mb)
- Our Borough 2018 Public health summary for Southwark (PDF, 401kb)
- Southwark APHR (2018) (PDF, 3mb)
- Southwark APHR - Statistical stats appendix (2018) (PDF, 1.3mb)
- Southwark APHR – Our Climate, Our Health (2019)
- Southwark APHR - Statistical appendix (2019) (PDF, 1.2mb)
Page last updated: 16 February 2023