Taking care of your mind
Advice and information for young people
We all have good days and bad days. If you’re struggling with how you're feeling, you are not alone.
Where to go if you need support to take care of your mind
If you're struggling, or even if you just want to talk to someone, help is available:
- One Hub is a website for young people in Southwark. Find out about things to do, career opportunities and help and support, including mental health support.
- The Nest provides free and confidential mental wellbeing advice and support for young people in Southwark
- ChatHealth allows you to text a qualified health professional anonymously for confidential advice on 07507 332 150 (for 11 to 19 years olds)
- Togetherall is a free online 24/7 community of anonymous mental health support for Southwark residents aged 16+, provided by trained counsellors and peers (select ‘my area is registered’ and add your postcode to register for the first time)
- Kooth is an online counselling service for children and young people aged 10 to 25 years old to get free, anonymous mental health and emotional wellbeing support
- Shout 85258 is a free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone who is struggling to cope, text “SHOUT” to 85258 to chat with trained volunteers
- The Mix helps people under 25 take on challenges such as mental health, money, homelessness finding a job, break-ups and drugs, online, via live one-to-one and group chats, email, confidential helpline and 24/7 crisis text message service
- Mind provide mental health information for young people, whether you are looking for support for yourself, or if you need information because you’re supporting someone else.
Page last updated: 15 December 2022