I need emergency contraception
Where to find emergency contraception?
If you live in Southwark and need emergency contraception (the morning after pill), you can order it for free from the Sexual Health London website.
The morning after pill is currently available from your GP or local pharmacy, some pharmacies charge for this service.
If you are under the age of 25, you can also access support from our Healthy Young People service.
Free emergency contraception
The following pharmacies in Southwark currently provide the morning after pill for free. When you visit, you will also be offered a free contraceptive consultation, this includes free oral contraception, condoms, and a referral for an IUD or IUS.
- Jamaica Road Pharmacy: 182 Jamaica Road, SE16 4RT (020 7237 3483)
- Harfleur Pharmacy: 107 Tower Bridge Road, SE1 4TW (020 7407 0051)
- Ridgeway (Chana) Chemist: 251- 253 Walworth Road, SE17 1RL (020 7701 2720)
- Lenny Chemist: 303 East Street, SE17 2SX (020 7703 7843)
- Bonamy Pharmacy: 355 Rotherhithe New Road, SE16 3HF (020 7740 2523)
- Day Lewis Pharmacy: Lister Health Centre, SE15 5LJ (020 7701 8641)
- Sheel Pharmacy: Nunhead Green , SE15 3QF (020 7639 0262)
- Day Lewis Pharmacy: Camberwell, SE5 8TR (020 7703 2489)
The National Sexual Health Helpline
If you would like to talk to someone about a sexual health issue, you can call the national Sexual Health Helpline free on 0300 123 7123. Your call will be treated with sensitivity and in strict confidence. The Sexual Health Helpline is open Monday to Friday, from 9am to 8pm.
Page last updated: 08 January 2021