Heating, fire safety and other maintenance: help us help you
Asset management - Engineering and Compliance
We're hugely grateful to our committed staff and contractors who have helped us to continue to provide repair services to our residents. Our staff and contractors have been able to provide coverage all week.
Some residents will have experienced problems, but we want to assure you we're doing everything to maintain the service and ensure we adhere to government guidance.
What you can do to help
Keep common areas clear. The removal of all items from the escape routes will guarantee there will be no sources of fuel or trip hazards. If this area is required by escaping residents or firefighters entering in the event of an emergency it will be readily available.
We also advise the following:
- be very careful if you use candles or tea lights; you must never leave a burning candle unattended
- do not smoke in communal areas
- if you smoke, please make sure you extinguish cigarettes properly
- do not overload electrical sockets
- test your smoke detectors weekly
- take your rubbish directly to the bins provided; do not leave rubbish in the communal areas or outside the building where it can be subject to arson - don’t dump it, bin it!
- if you have a private balcony keep combustibles to an absolute minimum
- do not use BBQs on balconies
Repairs (heating and hot water)
Please don’t be offended about the questions our contact centre and engineers will ask about symptoms of Coronovirus before entering your home. We're following guidelines and wish to keep people safe.
Only call us if you have experienced a complete loss of heating or a uncontainable water leak.
Please understand that we're continuing as normal with annual gas safety checks. This is for your safety and others if you live in a block.
Only essential works are taking place at present. Material supplies may take longer than normal to obtain. Our contractors have enough operatives to deal with urgent works.
Communal lighting and door entry
Please note we will continue to fix external door entry systems but not internal handsets.
If you notice external communal lights not working, please report this to the contact centre giving the location and we'll continue to ensure these are fixed.
Our lift contractors are continuing with monthly planned maintenance to every lift.
We also have our own staff reacting to calls to ensure you have a good lift service. However, some faults require parts that are not readily available so there may be delays in sourcing these.
Page last updated: 29 April 2020