Find out how to get free COVID-19 lateral flow (rapid) test done at a pharmacy in Southwark if you don’t have symptoms.
Drop in services at your local pharmacy - no booking necessary
If you do not have symptoms, you can get a free lateral flow test at your local pharmacy. Results are normally available in less than one hour. You can have regular tests, three or four days apart, for greater reliability.
Children under the age of 16 will need to be accompanied by an adult for their test. We'll only test children who are 11 years of age or older. You can also order free lateral flow tests to use at home.
Pharmacies that offer lateral flow tests in Soutwark
The following Southwark pharmacies offer lateral flow (rapid) testing:
- Jamaica Road Pharmacy - 182 Jamaica Road, London, SE16 4RT
- Bonamy Pharmacy - 355 Rotherhithe New Road, Bonamy Estate, London, SE16 3HF
- Harfleur Pharmacy - 107 Tower Bridge Road, London, SE1 4TW
- Lloyds Pharmacy in Sainsbury's - 80 Dog Kennel Hill, London, SE22 8BB, England
- Lloyds Pharmacy Peckham - 147-149 Peckham Hill Street, London, SE15 5JZ
- Day Lewis Pharmacy Camberwell - 13 Camberwell Church Street, London, SE5 8TR
- Day Lewis Pharmacy East Dulwich - Tessa Jowell Health Centre, 72H East Dulwich Grove, London, SE1 4TW
- Day Lewis Pharmacy Forest Hill - 34 Forest Hill Road, London, SE22 0RR
- St Georges Pharmacy - 46 St Georges Road, Elephant and Castle, London, SE1 6ET, England
- Day Lewis Pharmacy Peckham Rye - 127 Bellenden Road, Peckham, London, SE15 4QY, England
More pharmacies will be offering tests soon.
When you should not take a lateral flow test
Do not book a lateral flow test if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
Do not book a lateral flow test if you've been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19; instead you must stay at home and self-isolate.
When you have a lateral flow test done, we'll ask you for your:
- date of birth
- email address
- phone number
Your details will be passed to NHS Test and Trace if your test is positive. You'll also need to book PCR test to confirm the positive results of a lateral flow test.
How to prepare for your test
Avoid eating or drinking for at least 30 minutes before doing the test to reduce the risk of spoiling the test.
If you develop symptoms after booking a lateral flow test
You should only get a lateral flow test if you don’t have symptoms. If you develop symptoms, self-isolate and book an NHS PCR test instead.
Page last updated: 10 August 2021