COVID-19 business support and information
COVID-19 compliant business accreditation scheme
Find out how your business can get free support to reopen during COVID-19.
Free support to make your business COVID-19 compliant
We're running a COVID-19 compliant accreditation scheme that offers local businesses a free assessment from our environmental health team.
This scheme aims to:
- support businesses to reopen
- reassure customers that businesses have minimised the COVID-19 risks
- show that premises comply with government guidance
How apply to the accreditation scheme
Businesses need to submit details of their COVID-19 secure systems including:
- current written COVID-19 secure risk assessments
- internal COVID-19 related procedure notes, such as management checks that the risk assessment is being followed and cleaning schedules etc
- records of COVID-19 specific staff training and relevant protection measures
What happens after you apply to the scheme
We'll contact your business to assess the details you've submitted. Then we'll do an on-site inspection, to confirm that you're implementing the COVID-19 procedures you've told us about.
If your business meets the requirements, you'll get an accreditation door/window sign stating you're COVID-19 compliant. Your business can also publicise accreditation on your website.
Successfully accredited business (pdf, 161kb)
Page last updated: 19 July 2021