Book a free COVID-19 test
Book a free COVID-19 test if you don’t have symptoms
If you don’t have symptoms of COVID-19, you can book a free rapid lateral flow test. Results are usually available in less than one hour. You can book regular tests, three or four days apart, for greater reliability.
If you'd like a test for someone aged under 16, come as a walk-in appointment. Under-16s will need to be accompanied by an adult for their test.
Where are the testing sites?
There are two testing sites in Southwark, open seven days a week:
- Damilola Taylor Centre, 1 East Surrey Grove, Peckham, SE15 6DR
- London Bridge Station, St Thomas Street Exit, SE1 9QU
Please cycle or walk to the testing centres if you can. If you're driving to Damilola Taylor Centre, avoid parking in the narrow streets close to the centre and avoid resident-only parking bays.
Who can get a test
We're currently encouraging key workers and those who can’t work from home to get a lateral flow test. This includes school staff, supermarket staff, transport workers, security guards, cleaners, construction workers and many other roles.
When you should not book a test
- do not book a lateral flow test if you have COVID-19 symptoms; instead book a free NHS test on the government website
- do not book a lateral flow test if you've been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19; instead you must stay at home and self-isolate
Book a rapid lateral flow test now
When you book a lateral flow test, we'll ask you for your:
- date of birth
- email address
- phone number
- ethnicity, gender and reason for test (optional questions)
Your details will be passed to NHS Test and Trace if your test is positive.
What to bring to your appointment
- your booking confirmation
- your smartphone (if you have one)
- a face covering
At your appointment, before doing your test, you'll be asked to register.
If you develop symptoms after booking a lateral flow test
Page last updated: 19 February 2021