Looking for a home
Housing application form
If you wish to join our housing register, you'll need to submit a Housing application form.
The application form is accessible through MySouthwark. All you need to do is log in to your MySouthwark account or register on MySouthwark. Then visit the page 'Your accounts' and add the 'Housing Applications' service and hit 'save'. After this:
- Click on 'View' Housing Applications
- Click on 'Complete a Housing Applications Form'
Once you've completed the form, we'll provide you with an online receipt reference number. Please write down this reference number as you will need it in the future.
Read more about what will happen after you submit the application.
If you're already registered you can log in by visiting the homesearch website. Also if you're registered and your circumstances have changed, let us know right away.
Check your eligibility
To be included on the housing register you should:
- be aged 16 or over; and
- currently live in the borough and have done so continuously for the last 5 years; or
- work in Southwark, and have a housing need such as residing in overcrowding circumstances and/or having a medical requirement for a move; or
- have been serving in the regular forces or have served in the regular forces within five years of the date of your application
You are not eligible to be included on the housing register if you:
- are guilty of behaviour serious enough to make you unsuitable to be a council tenant or a tenant of our partner landlords
- are subject to immigration control within the meaning of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 (unless the Secretary of State has stated that you should be eligible for housing)
- own your home or own residential accommodation elsewhere
Information you'll need to provide
You'll be required to tell us about yourself and anyone who will be moving with you, and about your current home. Please take the time to ensure you answer all the questions fully and accurately, as it will help us ensure you'll receive the right level of priority for housing. If any of the information is missing or incorrect it may lead to a delay in processing your application.
Below is a list of information you'll need:
- details about your employer
- your National Insurance Number and that of any household member over the age of 18
- details about the addresses at which you, your partner or your dependants have lived over the last 5 years, including dates
- income and savings
- medical information if you have a medical requirement for a move
If you'd like information about our rehousing rules and allocations scheme, see our policies section.
Page last updated: 11 October 2018