Get election ready

The UK General Election is on 4 July. 
Register to vote by 18 June.
If you need to vote by post, you must apply to do this by 5pm on 19 June.
You need valid photo ID to vote in person. If you don’t have valid ID, apply by 5pm on 26 June for a Voter Authority Certificate.  
Find out more about voting and elections in Southwark

Looking for a home

Housing application form

If you wish to join our housing register, you must submit a Housing application form.

Before you proceed, complete our online housing options self assessment to see if you have a realistic chance of securing social housing

The application form is accessible through MySouthwark:

  1. Log in to your MySouthwark account or register on MySouthwark.
  2. Visit the page 'Your accounts' and add the 'Housing Applications' service and hit 'save'.
  3. Click on 'View' Housing Applications.
  4. Click on 'Complete a Housing Applications Form'.

Once you've completed the form, we'll provide you with an online receipt reference number. Please write down this reference number as you'll need it in the future.

Read more about what will happen after you submit the application.

If you're already registered, login by visiting the homesearch website. 

Tell us about a change of circumstances

If you're registered and your circumstances have changed, let us know right away.

Tell us about a change of circumstances

Check your eligibility

To be included on the housing register you should:

  • be aged 16 or over; and
  • currently live in the borough and have done so continuously for the last 5 years; or
  • work in Southwark, and have a housing need such as residing in overcrowding circumstances and/or having a medical requirement for a move; or
  • have been serving in the regular forces or have served in the regular forces within five years of the date of your application

You're not eligible to be included on the housing register if you:

  • are guilty of behaviour serious enough to make you unsuitable to be a council tenant or a tenant of our partner landlords
  • are subject to immigration control within the meaning of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 (unless the Secretary of State has stated that you should be eligible for housing)
  • own your home or own residential accommodation elsewhere

Information you'll need to provide

You'll be required to tell us about yourself and anyone who will be moving with you, and about your current home. Please take the time to ensure you answer all the questions fully and accurately, as it will help us ensure you'll receive the right level of priority for housing. If any of the information is missing or incorrect, it may lead to a delay in processing your application.

Below is a list of information you'll need:

  • details about your employer
  • your National Insurance Number and that of any household member over the age of 18
  • details about the addresses at which you, your partner or your dependants have lived over the last 5 years, including dates
  • income and savings
  • medical information if you have a medical requirement for a move
Please make note of the online receipt reference number once you've submitted your form

If you'd like information about our rehousing rules and allocations scheme, see our policies section.

Housing Application general enquiry form

Page last updated: 19 December 2023


Privacy settings