Advice for people renting privately

Self help pack for tenants whose landlord wants them to leave

Our online self help pack (docx, 96kb) can help you if your landlord, or their managing agent, has issued you with a notice, called a section 21 notice, to end your tenancy (or you believe is about to issue you with a notice).

This pack contains practical ideas and actions for you to take to help you to try and solve the problem that may have led to your landlord or agent wanting you to leave. It also includes advice on how to start to look for other accommodation in case the problem cannot be resolved.

Page last updated: 12 May 2022

Privacy settings