Current commercial event applications at Southwark Park
Alice in Winterland
‘Alice in Winterland’ is a unique family lantern experience that tells the stories of Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass. Taking place in the northern section of Southwark Park, ‘Alice in Winterland’ is a walk-through event designed to be interactive using slides, water effects and other low level audio visual effects to explore the lanterns. There will be food and beverage traders, entertainers on the bandstand, special effects and a small community stage for local school and musician performances.
Sound and music within the installation will be low level background noise with some performances such as school choirs and local bands taking place on a small community stage.
The park will be accessible to park users during the standard park opening times. Park users will be able to access areas around the installation and be able to pass through it from east to west. The space designated for the event and the access route through it are marked on this site map (png, 1.2mb).
- installation will take place from 7 to 20 November 2018
- Alice in Winterland will be open between 3pm and 10pm daily from 28 November to 6 January 2019
- all equipment will be offsite by 11 January 2019
- Letter to residents (pdf, 345kb)
- Ecological Statement (pdf, 231kb)
- Minutes of stakeholder meeting 27 June 2018 (pdf, 118kb)
- Stakeholder presentation (pdf, 1.5mb)
- Site map (png, 1.2mb)
- Stakeholder engagement plan (pdf, 143kb)
- Leaflet drop catchment area (pdf, 2.4mb)
- Notes of Slippers Place and Kirby Estate residents meeting 8 October 2018 (pdf, 232kb)
This process map (pdf, 15kb) sets out the processes and responsibilities involved in bringing a large commercial event to Southwark.
Page last updated: 10 December 2018