Supporting the Dyslexic Learner - Study Skills
Children with dyslexia may learn differently from you. Tina will help you understand how you can best support a child at home and at school.
DescriptionThis course has been designed to help you understand how you can best support a child at home and at school.
We will cover how to recognise different learning profiles, multisensory learning, age-appropriate reading matter and tools, note taking, mindmapping, making numeracy more visual and how to gather evidence that a child needs help and support.
There will be six sessions on Thursday mornings 10.00am to 12.00pm
1. What is Dyslexia and Exam Arrangements - 28th Januaryst October
2. Learning Styles - 4th February
3. Reading Skills - 11th February
BREAK FOR HALF TERM
4. Study Skills - 25th February
5. Writing Skills - 4th March
6. Developing and Supporting Numeracy Skills - 11th March
If you would like to book all six sessions you can buy five and get one free. The total cost for this offer is £100.
If you prefer to book single sessions you can still do this at £20 each but please use the appropriate Eventbrite listing according to which week you would like to attend.