Transportation noise

Boats and river noise

The London Port Health Authority has general powers to investigate complaints about excessive noise on the river. You can make a complaint by visiting the London Port Health Authority's contact details page.

You can also contact our noise team. Information on how to make a report is available on the noise and antisocial behaviour page.

You can find more information regarding noise issues on London’s navigable waterways, including the powering of vessels, tourist and party boats, piers and moorings and wharves and boatyards here:

Page last updated: 22 October 2019