Transportation noise


We don't have statutory powers to take action against noise and vibration nuisance from the ordinary operation of railways. 

Complaints about noise and vibration from ordinary operation of the trains can be made to the appropriate rail authority.

Further information can be found at:

If new railway lines are constructed, residents may be entitled to sound insulation or compensation. Affected people are usually notified through the development consent process. Further information is available on the GOV.UK website.

Rail noise mapping and action plans

You can find noise maps (map link to follow) of the borough here.

Further details of noise maps are available at:

Page last updated: 17 June 2019