Democracy Fund 2019/20
Is there an issue in your local area you want to discuss with your neighbours? If so, you may want to apply for funding to hold a one-off meeting in the community, through the council’s new Democracy Fund. The fund is part of the council’s new Empowering Communities Programme for Southwark, which makes it easier for residents to discuss and get involved with the issues that directly affect them. The funding can be used for things like venue hire, equipment hire, publicity and invitations and refreshments.
A total of £20,000 per year is available to be shared between groups across the borough who want to hold meetings or events on issues specific to their local neighbourhood.
During the first year of the fund, there will be two application periods with £10,000 available in each round.
- Democracy Fund is now closed
- applications will be considered by a panel of Community Champions (councillors) and applicants will be notified about the outcome
- will open on 6 January 2020 for four weeks
- events must take place by 31 May 2020
Who can apply
- any individual/group(s) who live and work in Southwark
- groups that are working together on a shared issue or topic
Who cannot apply
- organisations not established in the UK
- organisations that do not have any local links and/ or do not have a track record of working locally
- political groups and organisations
- businesses / profit making organisation
Page last updated: 29 October 2019