Step-by-Step - Working together to clear your debts
Step-by-Step is a service to help you reduce your debts to the council and repay the money you owe so you can become debt free with us.
What we do
If you have debts for one or more of these:
- Council Tax enforcement agents
- Business rates enforcement agents
- Housing Benefit overpayment
- Rent arrears
- General invoice
we’ll join them together (consolidate) so that you can clear them with one regular manageable payment. We call this a ‘recovery payment’.
If you make an agreement with Step-by-Step, we’ll make a commitment to you and expect a commitment in return.
Our pledge to you:
Your pledge to us
Making an arrangement
We’ll confirm in writing if we accept your arrangement proposal. If we need more information, we’ll contact you and put recovery on hold to give you more time.
How to contact Step-by-Step
Phone: 020 3929 8455
Five point plan
- Contact - Speak to our friendly team
- Share - Let us know more about your circumstances
- Plan - Agree your regular manageable payment
- Commit - Sign the Step-by-Step pledge
- Go! - Kick off your new routine!
Page last updated: 29 May 2019