Improvements to our website

We have made changes to our website to improve the way it looks and to give residents a better experience. You can find out more about this update here. 

Step-by-Step - Help and advice

If you're struggling to pay your Council Tax, business rates, former tenant arrears or general invoices because of financial difficulties, then seek advice as soon as you can to get some help.

Useful contacts and information

Benefits and support  - information about Council Tax Reduction, Housing Benefit and other benefits and support available

Apply for Council Tax Reduction – if your income has gone down you could get money off your Council Tax bill

Apply for emergency support - if you've had a sudden loss or reduction to your income and can’t meet your household’s basic needs

Reducing your business rates bill – information about business rates reductions – for independent debt advice and support – for independent advice

We know these are difficult times for many residents and we want to help. If you're worried about debts or have missed payments, there is free, confidential and independent debt advice available. Money Helper can direct you to a debt adviser straight away.

Page last updated: 05 April 2023


Privacy settings