Global IT issues affecting online forms and systems

We are currently impacted by the global IT issues. As a result, a number of systems are affected including the majority of our online forms. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Reporting changes

If your circumstances change, you must let us know within 21 days as it may affect your Council Tax bill. If you don’t let us know, you may end up paying the wrong amount of Council Tax.

Change of address

You must let us know if:

Landlords and managing agents

You must let us know if:

Newly built, split, merged or demolished properties

If you want to inform us of:

  • a newly built property
  • a property that has been merged (flats converted into a house, for example)
  • a property that has been split into several dwellings (a house converted into flats, for example)
  • a property that has been converted from commercial to domestic (an office or shop changed to a flat, for example)
  • a property thaty has been demolished

then please advise us of these changes at

Please include:

  1. The address of the property or properties
  2. The Planning Application Number (if planning permission was required)
  3. The effective date (date the works were completed or are expected to be completed)
  4. The owner's name and contact details
  5. Your name and contact details if advising us on the owner's behalf
  6. A brief description of the works taking place

If you're converting a commercial property to domestic then please provide the above details and the current Non-Domestic Rates account number (if known).

Discounts and exemptions

If you’re no longer entitled to a discount or exemption, or there’s been a change that may affect your discount or exemption, you must tell us within 21 days so that your Council Tax bill can be worked out correctly.

When someone dies

If someone who pays Council Tax has died we'll need details of the deceased person.

Find out more about when someone dies.

Other changes

If there are any other changes that you think may affect your Council Tax bill, you must tell us so that your Council Tax bill can be worked out correctly.

If you’re receiving Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction, you must also complete a benefits change in circumstances form to make sure we pay you the right amount of benefit or reduction.

Page last updated: 04 March 2024


Privacy settings