All new and existing Direct Debit payers registered with a MySouthwark account linked to their Council Tax account by 28 May 2023 will automatically be entered into our fantastic prize draw to get their Council Tax paid for a year. The prize is up to a maximum of the band D Council Tax charge.
The draw will take place on 3 June 2023 and isn’t open to elected members, employees of Southwark Council (including agency workers) and their spouses.
Go paperless with eBilling via MySouthwark
Register online for MySouthwark at www.southwark.gov.uk/mysouthwark
Once you've registered, simply link your Council Tax account by tapping Council Tax under Your Accounts and you can view your account at any time, receive ebills and apply for discounts or exemptions.
Direct Debit is the simplest and most convenient way to pay Council Tax.
The prize winner must be paying by Direct Debit, and not be in arrears on the date of the prize draw.
Terms and conditions
- The prize draw is open to any person aged 18 and over, who is liable to pay Council Tax to Southwark Council and has, or by 6pm on 28 May 2023, set up an arrangement to pay their Council Tax
- by Direct Debit for the financial year 2023-24 and
- has signed up to MySouthwark and has a linked Council Tax account.
- Elected members and employees of Southwark Council and their spouses will not be eligible for inclusion in the prize draw.
- Arrangements to pay Council Tax by Direct Debit must be in place by 6pm on 28 May 2023.
- Sign-ups to MySouthwark must be completed by 6pm on 28 May 2023.
- All customers who pay their 2023-24 Council Tax liability by Direct Debit and are signed up to MySouthwark with a linked Council Tax account, as at 6pm on 28 May 2023 will be automatically entered into the prize draw.
- Requests to pay by Direct Debit made after 6pm on 28 May 2023 will be accepted and a Direct Debit will be set up as the new payment method, but will NOT be eligible for inclusion in the prize draw.
- Sign-ups to MySouthwark after 6pm on 28 May 2023 will be accepted and an account set up, but will NOT be eligible for inclusion in the prize draw.
- The prize draw will take place on 3 June 2023.
- The prize draw will be overseen by the Director of Customer and Exchequer Services and the Head of Income Operations.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all customers that are registered with MySouthwark with a linked Council Tax account and paying by Direct Debit.
- The prize winner must be paying their Council Tax by Direct Debit and not be in arrears, as at the draw date of 3 June 2023. The prize winner will be notified in writing of the results as soon as practicable after the draw date.
- The name of the prize winner may be published in the local press and council communications, with the prize winner’s agreement.
- The outcome of the draw is final.
- There is only one prize.
- The prize winner will win their 2023-24 Council Tax liability paid, up to a maximum value of the average band D Council Tax charge.
- Payment of the prize will be made via a credit to the winner’s Council Tax account. If this results in an overpayment of the winner’s total outstanding Council Tax liability to Southwark Council, the difference will be refunded to the prize winner. If the prize winner’s Council Tax liability for 2023-24 exceeds the maximum prize value, they will be liable to make payment of the outstanding balance to Southwark Council.
- No alternative prize will be offered and the prize cannot be transferred to another person.
- Southwark Council will notify the winner in writing.
Page last updated: 07 March 2023