Household Notification Letter (HNL) 2018

Electoral Services is writing to every residential property in the borough to confirm who is on the electoral register at that address. This will help residents make sure the correct information is on the electoral register for the Borough Council elections taking place on Thursday 3 May 2018.

Please note if there are no changes to your Household Notification Letter you DO NOT send this form back
To respond to the Household Notification Letter received use the ‘Email us’ function on this page

What should I do if I need to add my name to the register?

If your name does not appear you should apply immediately by going to register to vote, as the process can take several weeks.

What should I do if I need to remove the name of someone who has moved out?

  • send an email to giving your name, the address of the property, the names of the individual(s) who need to be removed (and their forwarding address, if known): or
  • post or hand-deliver to Electoral Services, 160 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QH

I have changed my name, what should I do?

In order to change your name on the electoral register, you will need to provide evidence of your name change, for example a marriage certificate or deed poll. Please email a copy of your evidence, alongside details of your address and how you would like your name to appear to

My nationality has changed what should I do?

If your nationality has changed you should go to register to vote and make a new application.

Some of the information is incorrect (eg the spelling of a name), what should I do?

Go to and inform us of the correct spelling as this may be due to an administration.

I am about to move, what should I do?

As soon as you move, apply to register at your new address by visiting register to vote. When completing your application you must ensure you provide your old address when prompted so that your name is not on the register in two places.

I don’t believe I am eligible to vote, do I need to take any action?

A list of eligible nationalities is available at the electoral commission website, if you do not qualify, you do not need to do anything.

Once I’ve let you know I am resident, am I automatically registered?

No, you cannot be added to the register without completing an individual registration application.  The quickest way to get register is by going online at register to vote.

I have received an invitation to register paper form; do I need to complete this form?

If you have not registered online at register to vote then you need to complete the paper copy but the quickest way to register is by going online.

How do I change my current voting method to either postal or polling station?

If you will like to cancel your postal vote, then e-mail us at and we will cancel it for you.

If you will like to apply for a postal or proxy vote then download the relevant form from the Your vote matters website and send the completed form to as a scanned attachment. You can also post or hand-deliver to Electoral Services, 160 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QH.

We have not provided a reply envelope as we would prefer you to make any changes to registering using register to vote

Page last updated: 11 February 2019