Leader of the council and cabinet members
Councillor Martin Seaton
Cabinet Member for Jobs, Skills and Business
Cllr Seaton’s responsibilities include:
- Increasing employment - support to find a job or start a new carer; careers advice and work experience; paid internships; supporting young people and care leavers’ into employment, education and training; relationship with Jobcentre Plus; supporting businesses to engage with schools and colleges (including the Education Business Alliance).
- Vocational Skills - including apprenticeships, vocational training and skills centres
- Businesses support - for local businesses, cooperatives, social enterprises and entrepreneurs; increasing procurement from local businesses; and relationships with local business groups and Business Improvement Districts.
- High streets - including town centre action plans, Thriving Highstreets Fund, markets
- Commercial property - management, leasing and rent setting of the council’s retail and commercial units, office accommodation and related property
- Industrial strategy - growing industries that generate good jobs and wider value for our community, including green industries, life sciences and creative and cultural industries
- Living Wage - promoting the London Living Wage employers
- Workers’ rights - promoting good employment practices and equality and diversity at work and trade union membership
Page last updated: 30 May 2023