We operate a zero-tolerance approach to violence, aggression and abuse towards our staff. This means we will always challenge any abuse and take appropriate action against perpetrators.
We consider abuse to be:
- hysical assault, including spitting, use of weapons and throwing objects
- verbal abuse, intimidation, harassment or threatening behaviour
- discriminatory behaviour based on race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or other protected characteristics
- malicious communications, either by email, through social media or the post
If you make the choice to abuse a member of our staff we will take action, which could include but is not limited to:
- banning you from council facilities
- withdrawing or changing the services you can access
- taking legal action, including tenancy enforcement
- reporting to the police and seeking prosecution
Our staff are expected to treat everyone with respect and they expect to receive that respect in return.
Page last updated: 10 May 2023