Global IT issues affecting online systems

We are currently impacted by the global IT issues. As a result, a number of our online systems are affected. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

How to report a planning breach

 Report a suspected breach of planning control

You must supply your full contact details, including your name and address, as we will not investigate anonymous complaints. Your details will be kept confidential in accordance with the council’s data protection policies.

You must provide as much detail as possible about the unauthorised development and its impacts. It would help us if you check the Planning Register to establish whether planning permission has already been granted for the development. You can also check our planning section for general planning advice.

Where a complaint relates to a planning permission not being implemented in accordance with the approval, we encourage you to check the Planning Register to look at drawings and specify any areas of concern.

We'll acknowledge your complaint in writing, and will confirm the case officer’s details, as well as the likely timeframe for the investigation. You're welcome to contact us at any time to get an update, although case officers will only inform you of any key decision or actions taken on a case.

If you've had a complaint made against you or your property, your premises may be visited to establish if there's a breach of planning control. In the event of a breach, negotiation will take place for an agreeable solution. If there's a clear case of breaking the law and you're uncooperative, there's a risk of formal enforcement action and potentially prosecution.

Page last updated: 30 March 2018


Privacy settings