Children's services complaints

If you're a young person, and you just want to tell us about the problems you are having, contact us by using the online form. Anything you tell us will only be shared with those who need to be told, to get to the bottom of things and put them right.

Usually the best people to fix your problem will be the team who have provided you with the service. Before you make a complaint you should talk to them about what has gone wrong, in case they can fix it quickly for you. Or you can ask the Complaints team to do this for you. We call this a ‘representation’.

However, if that has not been successful, or if you feel a formal complaint is more appropriate, the Complaints team will:

  • give you information about the complaints process and support you to make a complaint, or
  • give you information about others who might be able to help
  • keep you up to date as the investigation progresses, and talk you about timescales

You can make a complaint using the email us button on the right, by writing to us at the address shown or by emailing

We encourage you to phone us on 0207 525 3977 to discuss, if you wish. In all cases, it will be helpful if you consider and tell us what you'd like to see as a result of the complaint. Please include the names of relevant officers and teams if you have them, and also any dates or approximate dates.

Before you do, read the important information in the next chapter More about your complaint.

Page last updated: 08 March 2019