Reducing Parental Conflict (RPC)
As part of the Reducing Parental Conflict Programme element of Improving Lives: Helping Workless Families, two grants have been made available to Local Authorities from the Department of Work and Pensions
- to support strategic leadership
- to provide frontline practitioner training
Strategic Leadership Support
Project manager time will be used to collate evidence for senior managers to promote the need to develop our RPC work across the partnership through presentations, evidence from parents and impact of work (eg Early Intervention Foundation research) in easily digestible formats showing links to current strategies and approaches with a view to developing a self-assessment and a collaborative plan.
We'll engage with our community theatre colleagues (existing partnership with Bubble Theatre) to deliver workshops that present RPC issues in an engaging format using forum theatre and lead to opportunities for parents to be employed to deliver further work within the community. A model that uses this format plus ‘factual’ information on RPC will be explicit about impact on children.
- 20 staff complete e-learning module successfully
- 20 staff from Family Early Help (FEH), Children and Family Centres and Children’s Social Care(CSC) delivering training to colleagues and within the community by March 2020 having completed the train the trainer course
- 80 staff undertaking the two day training course from (CSC, FEH, Youth Offending Service [YOS], and partners of Southwark Safeguarding Children’s Board)
- 100 staff completing the one day training course from CSC, FEH,YOS, Children and Family Centres Family Coordinators, school safeguarding leads, and partners of Southwark Safeguarding Children’s Board
- 100 staff and parents/carers completing the ½ day training course (police, school staff, voluntary sector)
Page last updated: 12 April 2023