Children's services complaints

Other contacts and information

Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman

The LGO are the final stage for complaints about councils, all adult social care providers (including care homes and home care agencies) and some other organisations providing local public services. This is a free service. They investigate complaints in a fair and independent way and they do not take sides.

0300 061 0614

Hospitals and NHS

Patient Advice and Liaison service

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) offers confidential advice, support and information on health-related matters. They provide a point of contact for patients, their families and their carers. You can find officers from PALS  in your local hospital. If you're not happy with an NHS service you should complain to the person or organisation providing the service first, such as the GP, dentist, hospital or pharmacist. Alternatively, you can complain to the commissioner of that service either NHS England or the area clinical commissioning group (CCG).

Please click here to find your local PALS Team


Coram Voice

Coram Voice are commissioned to provide independent advocacy support to Southwark’s looked after children and care leavers. The Helpline is open every weekday from 9.30am to 6pm and on Saturday from 10.00am to 4.00pm.

Making a referral to the service could not be easier.

Freephone: 0808 800 5792
SMS: 07758 670 369


SpeakerBox is a forum for Southwark children and young people in care and care leavers up to the age of 21 (or 25 if they are in full time education). They also include children who are privately fostered and children and young people who are from other local authorities but placed in Southwark. Young people meet with their peers, talk about their experience of being in care and inform council practice. They run a numbers of different activities including supporting young people in raising complaints with the council
020 7525 3186 or 07946 630 226


Childline is a free 24 hour counselling service for children and young people up to their 19th birthday in the UK provided by the NSPCC.

Freephone: 0800 11 11

You can also contact the Southwark Information and Advice team (SIAS) on 020 7525 3104 or email for additional advice on SEND.

Page last updated: 07 October 2021

Privacy settings