Children in care and care leavers placed in Southwark by other local authorities

Notifications, consultations and services offered in Southwark

Local authorities placing children in care and/or care leavers in Southwark are required to complete a Child notification form (pdf, 61kb). Send the form to Southwark Council at

A child notification form (pdf, 61kb) also needs to be completed where a local authority needs to notify Southwark Council of a change of address for the child or young person or where a child or young person is leaving Southwark.

Where a local authority is planning to place a child as a "distant" placement, the local authority is required to consult Southwark Council about this proposed placement. Details of the placement, including the intended address of the placement, should be emailed to

Where children in care and care leavers are placed in Southwark by other local authorities, the council and local health partners can provide a range of resources and facilities that can be accessed. Please contact for guidance for other local authorities. 

Page last updated: 19 October 2018