Children and Young People's Plan 2013-2018
Our vision for Southwark
"Every child, young person and family in Southwark thrives and is empowered to lead a safe and healthy life. We will work together to deliver high quality services that make a measurable difference in helping to overcome inequality and disadvantage, and strengthen families' abilities to raise their children successfully and independently."
The key agencies working in partnership to provide services for children, young people and their families in Southwark include:
- Southwark Council
- local health providers including GPs
- Community Action Southwark
- Southwark Borough Police
- Southwark schools
We developed the Children and Young People's Plan (pdf, 355kb) to set out how we will improve services for children and families in the borough over the next five years to 2018.
We began developing the plan when we went out into our communities and workforce and asked you to tell us about a story or journey you have had. We were delighted that more than 1,000 children, young people, parents, carers, staff and practitioners responded. We also compared how our services fared against other local authorities. Together with your stories and experiences, this has told us what is working well and what needs to change.
The new plan focuses on the three priority areas you told us most needed to change:
- Best start Children, young people and families access the right support at the right time, from early years to adolescence
- Safety and stability Our most vulnerable children, young people and families receive timely, purposeful support that brings safe, lasting and positive change
- Choice and control Children and young people with a special educational need or disability and their families access a local offer of seamless, personalised support, from childhood to adulthood
Page last updated: 04 October 2018