Reporting a trading standards issue
Other sources of information and advice
If you need more in depth and specialist local advice, visit the Southwark legal advice network website.
A variety of specialist advice providers are available, including:
- Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) an association of trading standards professionals, who maintain the Consumer Companion and Business Companion web pages and provides information for consumers and businesses (you can also find product safety information on product recalls)
- Gov.UK website, which provides information on how the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) ensures people have the necessary information and protection when they buy goods and services
- UK European consumer centre provides information on your consumer rights in Europe and assistance with any cross-border disputes
- National Trading Standards aims to protect consumers and safeguard businesses through cross-boundary intelligence-led enforcement projects in England and Wales
- London Trading Standards provides details of London wide campaigns and activities
Consumer educational initiatives
We work with a number of local partners to deliver targeted consumer education. This includes older persons groups as well as local schools and colleges.
Page last updated: 31 May 2017