Southwark 2030: working together for a brighter future

Complete a survey: tell us what you want Southwark to be like in 2030

Southwark 2030

Reporting a trading standards issue

If you think a business or trader is in breach of trading standards, report the problem to Citizens Advice who will give advice and pass the details on to us. We don't give advice to consumers and we cannot investigate every single complaint. However, we do use the information to target our business compliance and enforcement activity.

You can call Citizens Advice on 0808 223 1133 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or fill in an online enquiry form.

Report an issue online via Citizens Advice

You can find further information on your consumer rights, how to complain to businesses and other consumer advice issues on the Citizens Advice website.

If you want to report consumer crime anonymously, visit the London Trading Standards website.

If you need help complaining

If you need assistance with your complaint, you'll find the following websites useful:

  • Consumers Association (Which? magazine) have a consumer rights website to help you understand complex regulations and offers over 100 letter templates to help you seek redress
  • the Resolver website makes complaining quick and simple - templates are provided as well as online facilities which enable larger organisations to respond more efficiently to your complaint

Advice on scams

It’s important to always keep an eye out for scams - they can and do affect anyone. See the Citizens Advice pages for more information and support.

Misleading advertising

As well as contacting us, you may also wish to report misleading advertising to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA)

Reporting a fraud

If you've been a victim of fraud or internet crime, report the issue online to Action Fraud. This website provides a central point of contact for information about fraud and financially motivated internet crime.

Reporting a crime

If the crime is an emergency, you should call 999.

To report a crime that's already happened, visit the Metropolitan Police website or call 101. You can also call 101 to report any local policing issues or to seek crime prevention advice.

Page last updated: 09 March 2023

Privacy settings