Builders' Award Scheme
If you need a trustworthy trader, our builders' register lists a range of professionals that we've personally assessed and abide by our code of practice.
This award scheme was introduced to help tackle the problems of 'cowboy' builders and combat rogue traders and doorstep crime.
Download the builders' register (pdf, 198kb)
We rely on your feedback to help monitor our traders and keep standards high. You can share your thoughts by completing our short online form. You'll need your builder's unique reference number which should have been supplied to you.
Southwark council can not guarantee or accept responsibility for work undertaken by a trader, or for agreements that a customer makes with a trader. In the unlikely event of a dispute, we'll endeavour to assist both parties come to a resolution in accordance with the code or practice.
If you can't find what you need on our list you may wish to check other schemes:
- Buy with confidence scheme
- Trustmark Scheme
- Which? Trusted Traders
- Royal Greenwich and London Borough of Bexley What Trader? scheme
- London Borough of Bromley scheme
- NICEIC (electrical contractor register)
- Gas Safe Register (anyone carrying out gas installation work must be on this register)
- Handyperson - If you're aged over 60 or have a disability
Page last updated: 12 July 2017