Southwark’s Skills Strategy outlines our vision for a high quality local skills offer that is accessible and responsive to learner and employer needs. The strategy sets out our ambitions for a quality skills offer in Southwark. It puts resilience, ambition and employability at the heart of our plans to support a strong local economy so that residents and businesses are best equipped to deal with today’s competitive jobs market and future challenges.
This will be achieved by working collaboratively across the borough with employers, providers, developers, schools and sub-regional agencies such as the Greater London Authority.
The strategy’s aims and objectives are:
- learners have the opportunity to gain the type and level of skills they need to access local opportunities and progress in the labour market
- employers invest in their workforce and have access to training provision that responds to their needs and allows them to recruit locally
- employers and providers work collaboratively to develop a local skills offer that is responsive to the needs of the local economy
You can find more information here:
- Southwark Skills Strategy Delivery Plan final (pdf, 333kb)
- Skills Strategy Publication Summary Final Download (pdf, 1.2mb)
- Skills Strategy Publication Full Final (pdf, 1.5mb)
Page last updated: 19 December 2018