Reporting an accident at work

Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (commonly known as RIDDOR) places a duty on employers, the self-employed, and those in control of workplaces to report certain types of accidents and dangerous occurrences.

You can report an accident via the online reporting facility, also known as the Incident Contact Centre. You can access forms and information on the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website.

Report an accident via the HSE website

You can find more information on the types of reportable incidents that must be reported by visiting the HSE website.

Page last updated: 22 August 2018