Business networks and BIDs
Business Improvement District (BIDs) Privacy Notice
The proper handling of personal information is very important to the delivery of our services.
To make sure that we treat personal information correctly, we aim to meet in full the requirements of data protection law.
This privacy notice has therefore been produced to explain as clearly as possible how we process your personal data.
Why we collect your personal information
Southwark Council Business Improvement Districts department is part of Exchequer Services and is responsible for the billing, collection and recovery of Business Improvement District (BIDS) levies.
We're required to collect BIDS in line with legislation outlined in:
- Business Improvement Districts (England) Regulations 2004
How we use your information
Information held by Southwark Council BIDs department is used to identify businesses that are liable to pay the BID levy.
Information held on our BIDs database may also be used to help in the collection & recovery of Business Rates.
Who has access to your data?
The information we hold is also shared with:
- our contractual BID Companies
- external Enforcement Agents
- Camberwell Green Magistrates Court
- external Auditors
- IT and software providers
Occasionally, your information may be accessed by contracted IT providers. Access by IT providers will only be for reasons of technical support, and any viewing of data will be incidental to this.
Your data protection rights
In relation to your personal data, you have the right to:
- be informed about the collection and use of your data
- obtain access to your data
- have any inaccurate or incomplete data rectified
- have personal data erased in specific circumstances
- restrict processing of data in specific circumstances
- object to processing of your data in certain circumstances
You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
If you’d like to know more about the information we hold, or the way we use it, email the data protection officer at Southwark Council at email@example.com or write to:
- Data Protection Officer PO Box 68763, London, SE1P 4DJ
More information about data protection law and how it applies to you can be found on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
Page last updated: 29 September 2023