The future of our cemeteries
Camberwell New - Hill View
The previously unused former Honor Oak Nursery site at Camberwell New Cemetery was identified as a short term option to create burial space, within the 2012 Cemetery Strategy. It is now a burial area.
The scheme (previously called Area B) has brought the site back into public use through remodelling. It is now suitable for burials, there is a new entrance to the cemetery and recreational grounds, and biodiversity has been improved including a new pond.
The planning application was approved in June 2017. The application reference number is 17/AP/0671
The project is now complete.
You can download project reports below:
- The Consultation Report (July 2016) (pdf, 1.3mb)
- The Options Report (August 2016) (pdf, 7.2mb)
- Summary of the main pros and cons (October 2016) (pdf, 169kb)
- Area B Design Feedback Summary Report (pdf, 350kb)
- Area B Design Feedback Summary Report Appendix 1 (pdf, 457kb)
- Area B Ecological appraisal (May 2016) (pdf, 1.7mb)
- Area B Ecological Reptile Survey (May 2016) (pdf, 2.9mb)
- Area B Ecological Bat Report (June 2016) (pdf, 5.9mb)
Several Area B option designs have been produced at a number of different stages of the project. The options referred to within the ecological reports refer to pre-consultation draft options and not the final design publicly presented at the July consultation.
Page last updated: 05 January 2022