Camberwell New Cemetery
In line with current guidance from national government, Camberwell New Cemetery & Honor Oak Crematorium is open to the public daily.
Opening times from 31 October 2021 until 27 March 2022 are the following:
- 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- 9am to 5pm Saturdays
- 10am to 5pm on Sundays and bank holidays
Access to the cemetery and crematorium will be provided by controlled access via the Brenchely Gardens and Brockley Way main gates only. Access provided will be around funerals taking place Monday to Friday and only permitted for those attending funerals, commemorative events and visiting graves/memorials.
Guidance for visitors
Please respect the cemeteries and crematorium grounds as places of reflection by following this guidance:
- stay on the paths and not on lawns unless attending to a grave; do not enter into wooded areas
- please keep dogs on leads within our cemetery and crematorium grounds
- picnics, BBQs, alcohol and parties are prohibited
- we request that all visitors consider that our cemeteries are places of reflection, remembrance and final resting and to ensure their behaviour or activities within our cemeteries are respectful
- staff are focusing on maintaining a safe, quiet and respectful environment for grieving families during these difficult times; abuse of our staff will not be tolerated
It is an offence for any person to conduct the following in cemeteries: willingly create any disturbance or commit any nuisance, interfere with a burial taking place, interfere with any memorial or memorabilia placed on a grave or play any game or sporting activity.
The Bereavements Services offices located in Camberwell New Cemetery remain open for service enquires via the kiosk service. All other enquiries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We politely request that face coverings are worn inside our premises and that visitors follow current COVID-19 guidance.
Page last updated: 27 October 2021